Better CommunicationCommunication is the foundation of relationships. Good hearing health eliminates the frustration of missing out on conversations and being isolated from social situations.
Positive Benefits on BrainHealthy hearing is also thought to have positive benefits on brain functioning, such as memory and other physical health benefits.
Independence and SecurityGood hearing creates independence and security. When you can hear your phone ring, a fire alarm, a doorbell ring, or an emergency vehicle on the road behind you, you are able to be aware of your surroundings and stay safer when alone.
Job SecurityHearing well can save you significantly on the financial aspect in terms of professional performance and maintains job security and various other social stigmas.
Why you should have a proper hearing test?
Every person should know that regular exposure to sounds at 85dB or above can affect your hearing on a more permanent basis. It is very important to know that everyone can protect their hearing with simple but effective preventative measures. So, if you are concerned about it, earKART’s team of expert hearing specialists is there to answer your questions or queries about protecting your hearing for the future, so that you never miss out on this precious asset.
Actions you can take to protect your hearing: The important thing to remember is that prevention is better than cure.
- Reduce the exposure period to high noise levels.
- Avoid using too many noisy appliances on at the same time at home
- Don’t delay your decision of wearing hearing aids at the time of requirement.
- Maintain distance from any source of loud sounds
- Wear hearing protection when working with noisy equipment.
- Lower the volume personal music devices and do not ignore the alert your device gives on raising the volume bar beyond a particular level, and use sound-excluding headphone or ear buds
- It has been seen in many researches that antioxidants, such as vitamins C & E and beta-carotene supplements can help to minimize the risk of noise-induced hearing loss.